Welcome to the Internet sites of Lovell Corporation and its subsidiaries (collectively, “LOVELL”).
1. PRIVACY STATEMENT: Lovell Corporation (hereinafter “LOVELL”, “we” or “us”) agrees to respect and observe the provisions set forth in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the “Act”) and any other relevant privacy legislation. To the extent there is additional protection afforded to you pursuant to the Act or any other legislation, and same is not set forth herein, LOVELL agrees to take such measures to give full effect to such additional protection. LOVELL respects the privacy of each individual with whom it comes into contact as a visitor to our Sites. LOVELL will not rent or sell any customer information or any information about any visitor to our Sites to any organization or individual unless you give us permission to do so.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION: In order for LOVELL Sites to work for all parties, we need to communicate with you. To do this, we require your email address. In order to establish your user account, we also require certain registration data. We may also request additional information to better provide you with our Services. LOVELL does not collect any other personal information that you do not expressly provide. If you do not want your personal information collected, do not provide it to us. If you have already submitted the information and would like us to remove it from our records, or you would like to know what information is held in our records or wish to have any of the information updated or modified, please contact us at the address set forth below. LOVELL will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, except as detailed below.
3. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION: It is possible that we may also request non-personally identifiable information, like gender, city of residence and age. We may use this data to improve the Sites and/or personalize your experience on our Sites, in order to bring you more targeted and relevant Services and to display site content according to your preferences. We may share this information with others, such as advertisers interested in advertising on the Sites but never on an individual level. This information will only be shared in an aggregate, anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you or any other person.
4. USAGE INFORMATION: In addition to collecting personal and non-personal information, LOVELL may also collect non-personal, aggregated information about its registered users’ use of the Sites. This information is not personally identifiable and will only be used to find out how its registered users use the Services and the Sites. For example, this information will tell us about usage, how much time users spend on the Sites, from which other websites users came, and to what other websites users go. The collection of this information allows us, among other things, to create new programs, prepare for traffic load demands and to efficiently distribute our email communications.
5. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: LOVELL may use and/or maintain records of your personal information such as your name, address and other registration data, current location and/or other unique personal identifiers, as the case may be, to provide and facilitate the use of the Sites. Some instances where such personal information is used or collected are: to process and store the information provided so that we are able to better understand your needs; for troubleshooting problems and technical or security issues; for detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity as required by any applicable laws, rules or regulations or governmental requirements; for other internal purposes; as otherwise expressly informed at the time of collection; and to keep you informed about our Services. We may also maintain and use records of such information to send you updates and news about LOVELL. If you do not want to receive updates, newsletters or other notifications from us, please let us know by emailing us at the email address set forth below. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving further communications from us by using the response mechanism in our communications with you. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose while using the Sites which can be viewed by other users thereof (for example, on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, via messages or third party services etc.), becomes publicly viewable and can be collected and used by others. Due to the global nature of the Internet, you may be transferring your personal information to countries outside of Canada whose legal systems do not offer the same protection for your data as the laws of Canada.
6. EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS: From time to time we may send you an email with information and/or special offers that we believe would be of interest to you. All such communications shall be made in full compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. If you do not wish to receive e-mail you can notify LOVELL at any time of your preference. LOVELL may use a reputable third party to deliver email. Such third party is under a contractual requirement to keep all personal information confidential and to only use any personal information for the sole purpose of sending you an email on behalf of LOVELL and to return any personal information once their services are completed.
8. USER DATA RIGHTS:If you are based in the EU, under the General Data Protection Regulation you have several rights connected to the provision of your personal information to us from using the Application.
i. The right to be informed
ii. The right of access
You have the right to obtain access to your personal information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information such as the reasons why we are processing or storing it. This is so you’re aware and can check that We’re using your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation and your agreement.
iii. The right to rectification
You are entitled to request that your personal information is promptly corrected if it’s identified as being inaccurate or incomplete.
iv. The right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information under certain circumstances where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
v. The right to restrict processing
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your Personal Information. When processing is restricted We can still store your information but may not be able to process it further. We maintain lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
vi. The right to data portability
You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
vii. The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to certain types of personal data processing, including processing for direct marketing activities.
viii. The right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we have handled or processed your personal data with your national data protection regulator.
ix. The right to withdraw consent
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your Personal Iata, you have the right to vary or withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything We have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw your consent to us using your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
We usually act on validated requests and provide the requested information or activity free of charge, but by law we are allowed to charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
● baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
● further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, there are reasons why we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your validated request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we will let you know.
10. IP ADDRESS: Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university. We may, from time to time, use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, gather broad demographic information and administer the Sites.
11. EXTERNAL LINKS: The Site may include relevant hyperlinks to external websites which are not directly controlled by us. Whilst all reasonable care has been exercised in selecting and providing such links, you are advised to exercise caution before clicking any external links. We cannot guarantee the ongoing suitability of external links, nor do we continually verify the safety or security of the contents which may be provided to you. You are advised, therefore, that your use of external links is at your own risk and we cannot be responsible for any damages or consequences caused by your use of them.
Although we have taken measures to help protect our Sites, computer systems and any Personal Information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
13. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS: As we have described above, to be able to provide you with the Sites or Services we may require to transfer your Personal Information to service providers in different countries. These countries’ privacy laws may be different from those in your home country.
Should we transfer data to a country which has not been deemed to provide adequate data protection standards we will always have security measures and approved model clauses in place to protect your Personal Information.
If you are based in the EU, by voluntarily submitting your Personal Information to us you consent to these international transfer. If you later wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us using the details in the Contact Us section.
Questions and Comments
LOVELL CORPORATION 810-1061 Queen’s Blvd, Kitchener, ON, N2M 1C1